Colorado Mammoth Message Board

The official fan forum of the Colorado Mammoth
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 pm 

4/16/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Mike McNamara on the Active Roster from the Injured Reserve List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Practice Player Jackson Decker on the Practice Player List from the Active Roster.

3/31/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Casey Powell on the Hold Out List from the Short Term Hold Out List.

3/29/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Casey Powell on the Short Term Hold Out List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Adam Jones on the Active Roster from the the Injured Reserve List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Practice Player Jamie Shewchuk on the Practice Player List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Practice Player Jackson Decker on the Active Roster.

3/20/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Nick Carlson to a one year agreement and have placed him on the Active Roster.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Jarett Park to a one year agreement and have placed him on the Retired List.

3/18/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Mike McNamara on the Injured Reserve List - Second Level.

3/17/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Dan Lewis to a Practice Player agreement and have placed him on the Practice Player List.

3/6/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Jamie Shewchuk to a one year agreement and have placed him on the Active Roster.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Dean Hill.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have removed the Practice Player tag of Chet Koneczny.

2/7/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Mat Macleod on the Active Roster from the Injured Reserve-Second Level List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Cameron Mann and have signed him to a Practice Player Contract and have placed him on the Practice Player List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Practice Player Dean Hill on the Active Roster.

1/29/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have removed the Practice Player tag for Mike McNamara and have kept him on the Active Roster.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have returned Practice Player Jackson Decker to the Practice Player List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Casey Powell on the Active Roster from the Hold Out List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Drew Westervelt on the Active Roster from the Short Term Hold Out List.

1/24/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed John Orsen on the Hold Out List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Drew Westervelt on the Hold Out List - Short Term.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Practice Player Jackson Decker and Chet Koneczny on the Active Roster.

1/17/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed John Gallant on the Active Roster from the Injured Reserve List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Jackson Decker.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Cody McMahon from the Practice Player List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Jackson Decker to the Practice Player List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Dean Hill to the Practice Player List.

1/15/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Jordan McBride.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Athan Iannucci to a one year agreement and have placed him on the Active Roster.

1/11/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Jamie Lincoln.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Practice Player Mike McNamara on the Active Roster.

12/26/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Chet Koneczny to the Practice Player List.

12/23/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Dan Ball to a one year contract and have placed him on the Active Roster.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Chet Koneczny.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Mike McNamara to the Practice Player List.

12/18/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Cody McMahon to the Practice Player List.

12/16/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Ben McCullough, Jaedan Gastaldo, Gavin Prout.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Casey Powell, Joel Dalgarno on the Hold Out List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Rich Morgan on the Retired List.

12/11/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Carter Bender, Jarett Park, Patrick O'Meara, Dan Lewis, Dom Sebastiani, and Cody McMahon.

11/23/2013
ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS: have secured the rights to Restricted Free Agent Mac Allen and have signed him to a one year agreement. The Colorado Mammoth did not match within 72 hours of notice.

11/22/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Casey Powell to a one year agreement.

11/21/2013
ROCHESTER KNIGHTHAWKS: have made a qualified offer to Restricted Free Agent Colorado Mammoth player Mac Allen. The Colorado Mammoth have the right to match the offer under the terms of the CBA.

11/16/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Mac Allen on the Free Agency List.

11/12/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Jarett Park and Drew Westervelt to one year agreements.

11/11/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Creighton Reid to a two year agreement.

11/8/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Dillon Ward to a one year agreement.

11/7/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Bob Snider to a one year agreement.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Dan Coates to a five year agreement.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Mike Law, Tom Ethington, Greg Peyser, Steve Forsythe, Marc Burton, Jim Moss, Sean Morris, Ray Guze, Matt Davenport, Matt Wilson, Derek Malawsky, Gary Bining and Jay Jalbert.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed Carter Bender and Jaeden Gastaldo on the Active Roster from the Injured Reserve List.

11/6/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Adam Jones to a five year agreement.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Ben McCullough and Dan Lewis to one year agreements.

10/31/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Cam Holding to a three year agreement.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Jamie Lincoln to a two year agreement.

10/30/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Joey Cupido, Cameron Mann, and Patrick O'Meara to one year agreements.

10/29/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Tye Belanger to a three year agreement.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Carter Bender to a one year agreement.

10/28/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Jaeden Gastaldo, Jordan McBride, Mat MacLeod, and Jackson Decker to two-year agreements and signed Dom Sebastiani, John Orsen, Sean Pollock, John Gallant, Joel Dalgarno, Chet Koneczny, Colton Clark and Cody McMahon to one-year agreements.

10/23/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed John Grant, Jr. to a four-year agreement.

9/16/2013
CALGARY ROUGHNECKS: have traded Jackson Decker to the Colorado Mammoth in exchange for a second round selection in the 2014 Entry Draft.

9/13/2012
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have traded their 12th and 18th overall selections in the 2013 Entry Draft, their first round selection in the 2015 Entry Draft and Ryan Hotaling to the Philadelphia Wings in exchange for Drew Westervelt and the 32nd overall selection in the 2013 Entry Draft.

8/22/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have traded Ilija Gajic to the Vancouver Stealth in exchange for Bob Snider.

7/30/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have traded Rory Smith and their fourth round selection in the 2015 Entry Draft to the Buffalo Bandits in exchange for Carter Bender, the18th overall selection in the 2013 Entry Draft, and a second round selection in the 2014 Entry Draft.

Last edited by silvanthalas on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 35 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:32 pm 

And the results of this year's Entry Draft:

1st - Dillon Ward
4th - Cody McMahon
4th - Cameron Mann
5th - Dom Sabastiani
6th - Jake Weidner

I don't know anything about these guys, save Dillon Ward was considered the best goalie in the draft. Which means Lewis is going to be fighting for his roster spot.

Mammoth's article:
http://www.coloradomammoth.com/news/mam ... illon-ward

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:32 pm 

silvanthalas wrote:
And the results of this year's Entry Draft:

1st - Dillon Ward
4th - Cody McMahon
4th - Cameron Mann
5th - Dom Sabastiani
6th - Jake Weidner

I don't know anything about these guys, save Dillon Ward was considered the best goalie in the draft. Which means Lewis is going to be fighting for his roster spot.

Mammoth's article:
http://www.coloradomammoth.com/news/mam ... illon-ward

I talked to Dan Lewis this summer. He was concerned about keeping his spot on the roster. I didn't really think he needed to worry, but perhaps I was wrong.

The Outlaws made a trade just last week to get Dom Sabastiani from the Bayhawks.

Not surprised to see Logan Schuss go first after seeing him help Ohio State topple DU this spring. He's also a stud up in New West.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:09 pm 

So let me understand the 2014 Mammoth plan so far... JGJ, Prout (maybe), Westervelt, Jones and Powell will lead a powder keg offense. We try to win 75% of faceoffs with Bob Snider as essentially a fogo. While at the other end of the floor they will have what I still consider 2 rookies in net, perhaps Gallant comes back for another year to anchor a defense that features a bionic Jarett Park and maybe Hawksbee if he's healthy? Looks like a dog and pony show on paper to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:41 pm 

In a move that should shock nobody, the Mammoth resigned JGJ.

What should leave everybody scratching their heads is that it's a 4-year deal for a guy who will be 39 when the season starts.

Granted, contracts don't mean much in this league, but still.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:51 pm 

COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Jaeden Gastaldo, Jordan McBride, Mat MacLeod, and Jackson Decker to two-year agreements and signed Dom Sebastiani, John Orsen, Sean Pollock, John Gallant, Joel Dalgarno, Chet Koneczny, Colton Clark and Cody McMahon to one-year agreements.

Part of the new CBA is that training camp is limited to 40 players. So far, the Mammoth have signed these dozen, Grant, and Prout was still under contract.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:44 pm 

A flightless water fowl has planted the suggestion that Prout is gone...

In regards to JGJ's four years - I guess anything's possible, but I think the main "point" is that he's in Colorado to stay. He apparently has moved here permanently, and is now an Outlaw in addition.

JC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:35 pm 

10/30/2013
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Joey Cupido, Cameron Mann, and Patrick O'Meara to one year agreements.

Based on the information in another NLL article, the Mammoth also used a franchise tag on Powell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:48 am 

Jake Clawson wrote:
A flightless water fowl has planted the suggestion that Prout is gone...
A penguin?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:11 am 

Could be a steamer duck. I don't reveal my sources.

JC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 am 

I think we all caught the vibe that Prout might be gone at the end of last year.
Didn't Conor even broach the subject with him during an onfield interview at the end of last season?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:17 am 

I didn't catch much vibe either way from Prout himself, other than from his on-field play. Not only did he not play that spectacularly, but the team won far more often when he was sitting out than when he was playing. That's hardly a trait you want to see from your team captain.

Assuming my avian source is correct, who gets the C this year? Do they give it back to Gallant? Or to Grant? Those two seem to be the most obvious choices...

JC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:23 pm 

I never got the sense that JGJ was ever someone you want in a leadership position. Anyone have a sense of who the leader in the locker room is?

I prefer natural leaders to the "best player" leaders that sometimes happen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:44 pm 

Mtn_Scott wrote:
I never got the sense that JGJ was ever someone you want in a leadership position.

And yet I'll not have an ounce of surprise if he's named captain if Prout is gone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 pm 

With the latest signings, 21 guys (including Prout) for camp so far.

In other news: Steath signed Alex & Ilija, as well Shewchuk and Tyacke for their camp.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:41 pm 

Mtn_Scott wrote:
I never got the sense that JGJ was ever someone you want in a leadership position.

I don't know about "want", but he never struck me as a "leader" either. I guess because I see other players putting on camps and whatnot during the offseason, and something about that gives me the leadership/coaching vibe that seems to translate into a captain's role. Grant seems more of a "put me in, coach" player even this late into his career. I'm not even sure he covets the gig.

Quote:
Anyone have a sense of who the leader in the locker room is? I prefer natural leaders to the "best player" leaders that sometimes happen.

Makes total sense. But then again, who? Gallant seems to be the only other obvious choice - he's been around forever, he seems to command respect amongst his teammates, and he had the gig before. Snider might qualify, but he's a newbie to the squad. Sullivan is relatively new to the team, but he got to wear the A for his few games here.

JC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 pm 

Any one else wondering why Snider has not been signed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:13 pm 

I haven't gotten much sense that he didn't want to play here. He has "Colorado Mammoth" listed first in his self-description on Twitter, for instance. It's possible that the delay is because they're starting from scratch (a new contract for a veteran) rather than either revising an existing one (the returners) or giving out a standard one (rookies).
I guess we'll see shortly.

JC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm 

I hate to be Debbie Downer but seriously this is the same team we had most of last year with the exception of B. Snider. I will be surprised if the active roster has anyone else new besides Ward and maybe Bender to start the season.

Still essentially two rookies in net and a couple of future (aging) HOF's up front. This roster has a lot of holes IMO. Defense needs an upgrade via a trade or FA signing, transition with Cupido and Lincoln is average at best. The talent pool is deeper than ever with contraction and smaller rosters, but draft picks have a harder time than ever making a team. I feel like I've seen this team and coaching staff before, it's nothing special and doesn't look like a rebuild. But getting into the playoffs with the new format could be a challenge.

edit: forgot Westervelt but still...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:44 pm 

blake wrote:
edit: forgot Westervelt but still...

This is the guy I'd worry about the Mammoth not being able to sign.

Also, Jones signed today for 5 years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next