Colorado Mammoth Message Board

The official fan forum of the Colorado Mammoth
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 105  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:21 pm 

HarleyDude wrote:
A friend of mine just had her truck repaired after a shopping buggy hit the side. It cost her $600 to get it fixed.

Hence the reason for my outburst this evening.
I got out of the store tonight to find that a shopping card had blown into my rear fender. Luckily, it didn't look like there was anything other than some scratches, but it has ALWAYS pissed me off when people don't put their carts back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:13 pm 

With the winds we have been having, the carts become projectiles in the parking lots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:25 pm 

People who are doing things they shouldn't be doing in the first place that cause you and several others to play Accounting Sleuth (new from Milton Bradley!) for 2 hours to track down a needle in a haystack because this person didn't follow procedure.

You know: morons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:26 pm 

So, in order to graduate from CU with 1 degree, you need to complete 120 credit hours. What they don't tell you is that if you want 2 degrees, they tack on another 25 credit hours. So, of course, I'm majoring in Journalism and Anthropology. Even with those two degrees, I only have six more classes (after this semester--the end of my junior year) to meet all of my graduation requirements. After all that, I'll be at 111 hours. That leaves 34 hours and three semesters to sit around CU and take electives before they'll give me my diploma(s).

I'm cool with 120 hours. But to ask 145 for coursework that can be done in 111? What a glorious way to suck money out of your students as you continue to raise tuition by 9(+) percent every year. I'm not exactly happy about paying another $10,000 and spending another year in Boulder just so I can reach some arbitrary number of credit hours.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I need a drink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:39 pm 

Miss Dani

Journalism and Anthropology? That is quite a combination.

When selecting your electives, may I recommend Billiards 101 (if offered at CU).. When I matriculated at UNC, I took Billiards 101 and had a great time. It helped me earn extra spending money during my college days. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:47 pm 

Know what grinds my gears? When someone goes to a resturant and orders 150 bucks worth of food and leaves the waitress 0.00 bucks. If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat out!!!!

yes, that happened to me tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:05 am 

JessiO wrote:
Know what grinds my gears? When someone goes to a resturant and orders 150 bucks worth of food and leaves the waitress 0.00 bucks. If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat out!!!!

yes, that happened to me tonight.

And this was at IHOP? Wow, that's a lot of food! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:04 am 

*sigh* I'm the one who used to work at IHOP, not Jessi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:39 pm 

I know that folks who work in restaurants start learning to "read" various tables. They can often tell what tables will probably be good-tipping ones, and which ones won't. I never worked at one long enough to get a read, though.

I know someone who worked at a restaurant where Dante Bichette came in a lot, back when he was a Rockie. He said he tipped $5. Always. Didn't matter if he had a $2 soda or a $200 dinner for five. $5.

JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:55 pm 

You know, I never got that "read." In my experience, there isn't anything that good tippers have in common. They could be the meanest table there or the nicest. Party of 1 or party of 30. Old, young, black, white.

Hmmm... what was my worst tip? Besides getting zero, of course. Probably the guy who screamed at me because his napkin had come to him covered in tomato juice (he was drinking tomato juice and happened to wipe it off his lips with the napkin), and then proceeded to rip a dollar in front of me and throw me half. "Here's your tip!"

...I hate people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:09 am 

Disagree with JC. I've never had the patience to work in a restaurant, but my mom did when I was young and she always taught me to tip based on service and so if you get a false read and so give me bad service, guess what, you created your tip. In my opinion, you should try to give good service, and have a good belief in Karma. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:21 am 

I gotta agree with kitten. Tips are based on performance. As far a the "read" I think you can get that on the staff as a patron as well. If you are one of those "they pay me crap so I need the tips" kinda people then guess what.... find a different job. When we were at BSG after the game we finally flagged someone down after 30 mins and she is **** about how many tables she has. Hey guess what.... NOT MY PROBLEM. You chose this job, I don't see how I am expected to wait because you are incompotent. When you are slammed and have that many tables and a ton going on you need to bust a$$. Think about the tips you can get if you hustle for everyone and they see how busy you are but are still on top of it. There are so many people in that industry with the wrong mind set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:53 am 

Neighbors who decide to have their marital or whatever spats on their balcony, so you can hear every damn thing they say.

At 2 am in the morning. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 pm 

I piss me off for not being a dick more often. :evil:

After I was getting the dates and funds sorted for a trip in March, the one week that's between all of the games and gives me the most time off for the least amount of PTO used, I made the mistake of asking around the department to see if anyone else was taking time off around that time as my company only allows 1 person being gone at a time, nobody says a word.
Today, I go to submit my request and lo and behold, someone snuck in the backdoor and took the exact f*cking dates I wanted off.

So, looks like I'll be postponing this trip until probably May. Not a good day today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:12 pm 

Ninja 4 Hire wrote:
Ronin wrote:
There is a difference between yielding at a right turn and some putzass who has a lane he can merge over to or (my favorite) speeds up just to be a ****.

Slid in behind him. Now if he slows to to block then yes he is being a tally whacker.

Yes I said Tally whacker.

Like the guy who nearly rearended me because he sped up and wouldn't allow the guy coming off the onramp to get in front of him this morning, nearly getting himself sideswipped as well as almost forcing the car trying to get over into a car that was pulled over along the side of the road.

I just love traffic when it snows in this town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:37 pm 

Damn Texans and Californians. Ruinin' our traffic!

Ok, I don't drive. I'll admit it. I've probably done a total of 50 miles in the past year (and most of that is from the trip I made to a grocery store while I was out in Kiowa...). But damnit, the snow makes buses a lot more irritating.

Oh, and I hate people who try to cut buses off. How stupid do you have to be?

...I'm surly today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:30 am 

8:30 am classes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:35 am 

Aww poor baby. Just think how hard its going to be when you have to get up every day :( (That is assuming there are any jobs left to get up for)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:11 am 

If you were on the road today, eff you. End of story.

IÂ’ve had flights back to Oregon that took less time than it took me to drive the 18 miles to work today. For a place thatÂ’s supposed to know what to do in snow, there isnÂ’t a single $#@!ing person with an IQ over that of a spoiled radish on the roads, myself including for not going tazmanian devil and just smashing cars with a hammer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:13 pm 

Location: Let's try the same thing and see if the results change
I believe that normal road rules are suspended when things are this bad Ronin. I do believe that at this point racing rules take over and thus it becomes perfectly legal to get up underneath the car infront of you and put them into the wall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 105  Next