Colorado Mammoth Message Board

The official fan forum of the Colorado Mammoth
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 105  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:08 pm 

Ah, I love that we can keep this threat open to bump at our leisure. This group has a lot of gears to grind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:35 am 

Ronin wrote:
What does "yield" mean to you?

Does it mean:

A.) Bring your vehicle to a low speed, ready to stop if need be so the traffic with the right of way can continue on their way? Or

B.) Just drive the $#!# however you want and nearly broadside someone because you're too stupid to driver properly?!?!

Is there a C.)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:43 am 

Ninja 4 Hire wrote:
Ronin wrote:

Does it mean:

A.) Bring your vehicle to a low speed, ready to stop if need be so the traffic with the right of way can continue on their way? Or

B.) Just drive the $#!# however you want and nearly broadside someone because you're too stupid to driver properly?!?!

Is there a C.)?

Do you see a C.)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 am 

C). Yields and round-a-bouts should be outlawed. Most drivers aren't smart enough to navigate such a complex situation and can't work together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:35 am 

Ronin wrote:

Does it mean:

Nobody hardly seems to know how to yield anymore....or actually use acceleration/deceleration lanes for what they're intended for. Love trying to get on I-25 behind someone wanting to do 15 mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:40 am 

Snowkitten wrote:
Ronin wrote:

Does it mean:

Nobody hardly seems to know how to yield anymore....or actually use acceleration/deceleration lanes for what they're intended for. Love trying to get on I-25 behind someone wanting to do 15 mph

My personal favorite is when your lane is ending, you have to merge, and the jabrone next to you decides that under no circumstances will he allow you to get in front of him.
Those are the people I wish very, very bad things upon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:48 am 

If you would have used your turn signal like you were taught, then I would have let you in. Granted, i realize your lane ends, but no turn signal - no merge.

If you don't want to use your turn signal, then you can forfeit your New Light to me and then I would consider letting merge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:57 am 

Ronin wrote:
My personal favorite is when your lane is ending, you have to merge, and the jabrone next to you decides that under no circumstances will he allow you to get in front of him.

Ah you are one of those. When YOUR lane ends you are not some how granted almighty powers. It is YOUR job to merge. YOU yield to the traffic not the other way around. Considering you started this whole thing on people not knowing what yielding means I suggest you end this now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:07 am 

Ninja 4 Hire wrote:
Ronin wrote:

Ah you are one of those. When YOUR lane ends you are not some how granted almighty powers. It is YOUR job to merge. YOU yield to the traffic not the other way around. Considering you started this whole thing on people not knowing what yielding means I suggest you end this now.

Ok, YOU come to a dead-@$$ stop on an on ramp on I-25, then. I'll be happy to read about you in the news.

There is a difference between yielding at a right turn and some putzass who has a lane he can merge over to or (my favorite) speeds up just to be a ****.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:56 am 

Ronin wrote:
There is a difference between yielding at a right turn and some putzass who has a lane he can merge over to or (my favorite) speeds up just to be a ****.

Slid in behind him. Now if he slows to to block then yes he is being a tally whacker.

Yes I said Tally whacker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:10 am 

Ninja 4 Hire wrote:
Ronin wrote:

Slid in behind him. Now if he slows to to block then yes he is being a tally whacker.

Yes I said Tally whacker.

These are indeed the types of situations I was getting at. I'll try to adjust my speed accordingly to get onto the freeway between traffic, but my gripe is with the asshats that make it their prime objective to not allow that to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:16 am 

I hate it when a driver merges into the right lane, and then thinks they have the right to move directly into the left lane. MTF has to pay his dues in the right lane before they can move over to the left lane, especially if they think they will move over without signaling. Then I become Captain D!ck (Super Hero).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:29 pm 

Better yet, it seems that it's impossible to provide a "safe following distance" when the weather sucks out here as some platypus sphincter will always see that as the prime time to cut right in front of you to change lanes, sans turn signal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:10 am 

HarleyDude wrote:
I hate it when a driver merges into the right lane, and then thinks they have the right to move directly into the left lane. MTF has to pay his dues in the right lane before they can move over to the left lane, especially if they think they will move over without signaling. Then I become Captain D!ck (Super Hero).

There's a spot by Belmar that there's a third lane on Wads for two blocks... Inevitably some dou@#bag flies up in that third lane trying to get a dozen car lengths ahead, but in doing so it slows traffic down to a crawl as everyone has to let DB in... It's UGLY! More often than not when they blast past everyone they have to force their way in and nearly kill someone. But wait... there's more. They really want the left turn lane, so they cut from the right F-U lane across two lanes into the turn lane... WTF? I'm shocked there's no more road rage than there is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:36 am 

My 2 favorites of all time were both wrecks. One was on Colorado just south of Shotguns. While in bumper to bumper rush hour a lady hit her blinker and the moved over hitting the passenger (my) side of my friends truck. Bascially entire side to side. He actually had to tailgate her and flash his lights to get her to pull off the road while I was on the phone with police as she seemed content to just drive off. When the police showed up she said "I don't understand what the problem is, I had my blinker on." The cop politely responded " Mam, didn't you see his truck was in that lane?" To this she responed with.... " Yes, but I had had my blinker on. That means he is supposed to move out of my way."

My 2nd favorite involves a tad bit of racism so if you don't want to read it stop now.....

I was about 10 and riding with my brother. We got t-boned by an Asian women who ran a light. Luckily she hit the rear end and spun us around vs killing my brother. She jumped out all pissy and was screaming at the top of her lungs. Luckily a cop was in the A&W parking lot acorrs the street and he came over. Word for word she yelled...... "Green you stop! Red me go!"

Ahhhhhhh good times!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:38 am 

aGhost0nTheWire wrote:
HarleyDude wrote:

There's a spot by Belmar that there's a third lane on Wads for two blocks... Inevitably some dou@#bag flies up in that third lane trying to get a dozen car lengths ahead, but in doing so it slows traffic down to a crawl as everyone has to let DB in... It's UGLY! More often than not when they blast past everyone they have to force their way in and nearly kill someone. But wait... there's more. They really want the left turn lane, so they cut from the right F-U lane across two lanes into the turn lane... WTF? I'm shocked there's no more road rage than there is.

You couldn't possible mean this spot where people try and merge all the way into the left lane to turn just on the other side of the 1st bank building....that's what....maybe 100 feet?

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&layer=tc&cbll=39.707124,-105.081534&panoid=76LA71CKHyZp4hHxRljuiQ&cbp=12,198.88627277172486,,0,5.000000000000002&ll=39.707199,-105.081471&spn=0,359.997618&z=19

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:44 am 

Ninja 4 Hire wrote:
My 2 favorites of all time were both wrecks. One was on Colorado just south of Shotguns. While in bumper to bumper rush hour a lady hit her blinker and the moved over hitting the passenger (my) side of my friends truck. Bascially entire side to side. He actually had to tailgate her and flash his lights to get her to pull off the road while I was on the phone with police as she seemed content to just drive off. When the police showed up she said "I don't understand what the problem is, I had my blinker on." The cop politely responded " Mam, didn't you see his truck was in that lane?" To this she responed with.... " Yes, but I had had my blinker on. That means he is supposed to move out of my way."

My 2nd favorite involves a tad bit of racism so if you don't want to read it stop now.....

I was about 10 and riding with my brother. We got t-boned by an Asian women who ran a light. Luckily she hit the rear end and spun us around vs killing my brother. She jumped out all pissy and was screaming at the top of her lungs. Luckily a cop was in the A&W parking lot acorrs the street and he came over. Word for word she yelled...... "Green you stop! Red me go!"

Ahhhhhhh good times!

Oh, wow. Just...wow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:17 pm 

Those stupid sacks of putrid whale f**k that leave their carts where they lie in the supermarket parking lot.

They put the cart returns in the lot for a reason, for your dumbass to put the cart back when you're done taking your groceries to the car. If you're too f**king lazy to return it when you're done, leave it in the store and hump your gear to the car yourself. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 pm 

Internet trolls.

Drunk people at sporting events and the boyfriends/husbands who defend them by threatening to 'take it outside'. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 pm 

A friend of mine just had her truck repaired after a shopping buggy hit the side. It cost her $600 to get it fixed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 105  Next