Colorado Mammoth Message Board

The official fan forum of the Colorado Mammoth
It is currently Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:36 am 

The Full schedule has been released here.

From what I can gather, the stadium games are the expensive tickets, but the fields games outside are accessible but there isn't much room around them.

I would like to get a group together for at least 1 game to cheer on Team Ireland. Who is in and what game(s) works best?

Friday July 11 @ 2:30p vs Uganda
Saturday July 12 @ 11a vs France
Sunday July 13 @ 5:30p vs Bermuda

Monday July 14
Depending on their standings after the round robin they will play one of these:
11a (Yellow #3 vs Orange #3)
11:30a (Yellow #4 vs Orange #4)
12:30p (Yellow #2 vs Orange #2)
5:30p (Yellow #1 vs Orange #1)

Finals are Tuesday July 15-Saturday July 19 so really don't know yet when they might be playing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:31 am 

My wife and I have talked about going to this event, but the ticketing policy makes no sense. We might make it there one or two days during the tournament. To make every fan buy only the full tournament pass is crazy. If we can't buy single day tickets, we are probably out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 am 

I'm with you on the ticket prices! It's ridiculous. But after talking to my friend who is playing and looking at the schedule, only the stadium games cost (which makes that seem even more expensive as it appears there is only 1 maybe 2 games per day). Most of the games will be played outside the stadium on the fields surrounding the stadium.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 pm 

So it looks like they announced they will sell some single day tickets. According to that link, on June 12th you can buy championship weekend packages, opening night tickets or single day non-stadium game passes. It looks like even the non-stadium games will require a $30 general admission ticket.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:40 pm 

After further review, we are not going to attend this event.

If we could buy tickets for either the USA/Canada game on July 10th, or the Championship game on July 19th, we would do so. Unfortunately they will not allow this, even though thousands of tickets remain available for both games. In order to attend either of the events we would pay to attend, you have to buy either the 'opening round package' or the 'championship weekend package'.

It isn't all about the prices, it's the 'you have to buy this to get that' bait and switch BS. While it would be nice to spend all ten days at the Dick's complex watching lacrosse, that just isn't possible for me. To commit to extra tickets we don't want is also not high on the list.

I'm sure it will be a fantastic tournament, and I wish the FIL the most possible success, but their ticketing policy sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:59 pm 

In some ways, I get what they're doing. There's like ten games a day every day for most of a week, so it's a helluva lot easier to sell packages than to try and sell a ton of individual games every day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:12 am 

I think my problem with it is so much of the focus is on the stadium games and all the tickets are just too pricey. I want to go and I want cheer on some of the other teams, but spending ~$40 a day is prohibitive. At this point, I'm not sure if I will even be able to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:00 pm 

Well, if you don't/can't go to the games, ESPN is an option, with games on ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPN3.com:
http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/2 ... spn2/29040

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:13 am 

I'm sure it's no simple task to organize this, but man, the ticketing policies are a killer for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:43 pm 

Location: Let's try the same thing and see if the results change
Just a quick thought, isn't this just like season tickets but truncated? Given that I have gone to regional basketball tournaments and NCAA tournament events I am not that shocked that they have done this. When you go to one of those events you have to buy tickets to all the games not just the ones you want to attend, but then you end up selling the extras to those who want them or if your team gets knocked out. Not saying that this is the most profitable way to go about this, but it does ensure good attendance to all the games and not just select ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 pm 

I totally understand why they have structured the ticket sales in this way. They want people to buy in and be there to support the entire event, and not just the big ticket games. Unfortunately I can't spare the time to get up there for more than one day...or possibly two if they were the two I want to see the most (the 10th and the 19th). That isn't what they packaged, though, so I'm out. Why not put a block on sale for just the 10th or just the 19th? Why not create more options? I imagine an opening night/championship combo would sell OK. It sure seems like they will exclude people with the way they have structured it. Oh well. If anyone goes I hope you have a great time...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:03 pm 

I really don't understand the ticket packages being the only option for this event, even the cheap championship weekend package is a little outrageous imo. I may try to by walk up tickets on championship weekend if it's even an option for a single game.

But I'm certainly not about to drop $170+ parking to see 2 or 3 games. I don't see how any casual fans would even bother to check this out considering the price structure

Also when did they start charging for parking at Dick's?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:51 am 

I don't understand why if they were going to charge a daily fee for the non-stadium games why they didn't do a package deal with them as well. Or some kind of other options. $25 a ticket + $10 parking + gas per day is just too expensive to watch the non-stadium games. That would be difficult for many for the stadium games.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:53 am 

Well, historically speaking, that couldn't have gone worse for Team USA last night. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:47 pm 

So, let's start the conversation:

TRT. What's your opinion?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:50 pm 

Despite being blown out by Ireland today, it was worth the wait to see Uganda score their first goal.

Very reminiscent of Con Bro Chill celebrating his first goal, minus the off-the-glass backflip. :D

Then the heavens opened and soaked the ever-living hell out of all of us. :?

Also got to see this in person this morning:
New Zealand lacrosse haka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMivNdyUjrg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:29 pm 

After two days of getting baked in the sun followed by soaked by rain :P, I can say that I'm not sure I'd attend an event of this kind out at DSG Park again.

First night, nobody was checking bags, so we brought in our own water.

Second day, they were checking bags, told we couldn't bring in our own water. Told to sit where we want in the grandstands for Fields 8 & 10.

Third day, they're not checking bags again; ended up stopping to get some water filtering stuff for the trips to the drinking fountain we'd assume we'd have to make. Also told, despite the stands being 80% empty, that they're restricted to the appropriate ticket level.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

*On top of that* the way Fields 8 & 10 are set up is utter garbage. They're adjacent fields next to each other, facing north-south. But here's how they're set up.

South grandstands - south side of Fields 8 & 10; Bronze, Silver, Gold seating
West grandstand - west side of Field 8; Silver & Gold seating, some Bronze seating
East grandstand, east side of Field 10; Gold seating only.

So, if you only bought a Silver ticket package, you're boned for all of the USA matches that will be played in Stadium 10; you get to seat in the smaller south end seating with the Bronze. But hey, feel free to enjoy the lesser games on Field 8 and sit where you like then!

It's so stupid how they've done so much of all of this. I've overheard several people who attended in Manchester 4 years ago saying that they handled everything so much better. (Side note: the next Worlds for field will be held again in Manchester in 4 years, seriously thinking about going for some of it.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:40 pm 

More than halfway through the tourney now, and two of my rooting interests beyond the USA, New Zealand and Scotland, will be playing to break into the Blue Division.

For all the talk about how many guys from our teams have made it onto the rosters of Canada and the USA, there are other guys also scattered about on other rosters who have Colorado connections:

Czech Republic - Chet Koneczny (Mammoth)
Iroquois - Zach Miller (Pioneers)
Israel - Casey Cittadino (former Outlaw)
Japan - Andrew Lay (Pioneers, former Outlaw)
New Zealand - John Clayton (CU); the 3 Pritzlaff brothers (Denver natives)
Scotland - Jordan McBride (former Mammoth)
Thailand - Ben Brown (former Outlaw); Colton McCaffrey (Chaparral HS, Pioneers)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:32 pm 

Somebody wanna cover Crowley?

And good ol' Jesse. Can always count on him in the big game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:03 pm 

Dillon Ward is a freakin' god! I didn't even know he played field until recently. He shut down Rabil point blank. I'm really happy for the guy and all the hardware he hauled in tonight.