Colorado Mammoth Message Board

The official fan forum of the Colorado Mammoth
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mammoth Future
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm 

Hello Steve! Hope things are great. I know you probably don't spend much time on this message board at this time of year, but I figured I would give it a shot.

We got our season ticket renewal email the other day. It was interesting and the video attachment was awesome, but there was not much information provided. I'm sure the total fee is broken down over 9 regular season games and one playoff game again, with credit for the home playoff game that didn't happen last year, unless I missed some sort of format change.

We are planning to renew, but is there anything you can share with regard to changes/plans/desires for the Mammoth going forward? We haven't heard any real news since the season ended. I know a lot can happen between now and December and plans at this time of year can change quick. Any league news? Is the mini-game playoff tiebreaker here to stay? Are the coaches all coming back? Does Ward have a spare set of gear lined up?

So much happened during last season...any info you have about the Mammoth path to domination would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Mammoth Future
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:45 am 

Thank you for the question and you are right, not a ton to share at this time of year, especially with the spotlight on the World Games, so much is focused on that. I have been working with Team Canada for the past couple of weeks and have spent a lot of time with the Mammoth guys.

More of our players will be in town this weekend with the Mammoth Camp starting next week, very excited about that as last year's camp was a huge success.

As most people know by now we are working through the issue with the Wings and a possible relocation, I can't comment on much there only to say that it is a difficult and challenging process for a number of people. As a Wings Alum, I am heartbroken for the loyal Philadelphia fans and I am hopeful we can find positive solution for them.

Lots of great discussion on the mini game in the playoffs, with every series going the distance and mixed results, it sure provided for some edge of your seat type intensity, great drama. Was it the fairest way to determine a winner? I don't know, but it sure accomplished what we wanted. I think everyone saw very positive momentum from the playoff runs in Rochester and Calgary, something we are striving to achieve constantly here with the Mammoth.

There will be an announcement very soon, following the World Games, regarding our coaches, I am thrilled with the plans and look forward to more positive momentum. We are already formulating our plans to be active in free agency and the draft. Our goal is to keep the core and most of the pieces of the team together while continuing to look out for players that can help us win. No doubt all the favorites will be returning with some new faces that will become favorites. We continue to strive to find the right mix and look forward to a new found resurgence with our developing cornerstone in goal.

Dillon Ward has been playing outstanding this summer in both the indoor Canadian league and the past few days in Denver with Team Canada. The future is very bright here for Dillon and we are hoping to announce a long term contract with him in the near future!! And yes, his gear will now be stored at my house!!!!!

Hope that helps a little, more to come as Free Agency opens on Aug. 1 and the draft follows in Sept.

See you all soon.

SG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:35 pm 

The loss of the Wings is tragic. I remember being a kid and watching Wings games on cable (oh that spandex). Anything to salvage that franchise and, what I feel , an emblem and that represents the NLL should be attempted.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:56 pm 

Sadly most of the faithful. So this fate coming for the Wings.