Colorado Mammoth Message Board

The official fan forum of the Colorado Mammoth
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dalgarno
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 am 

Hi Steve,
What is the status of joel dalgarno?
I see that he was placed on the hold out list. With all of the hype and hoopla surrounding Powell's status I feel as though Joel was overlooked. He plays a similar role to your lefties as Pollock plays to your righties, can you discuss what his absence means to your team and how/who will fill that role?

Thanks,

Murray Mackenzie

Post subject: Re: Dalgarno
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:59 am 

Good question, Joel Dalgarno has not been overlooked at all. Joel will be out of the country on a charitable trip that was booked prior to the schedule coming out. His expectation was that the schedule would start later as it has done in the past and it is starting earlier due to the longer season and playoffs in an effort to finish around the same time.

Joel will miss the early games in the season and will start on the hold out list because of his planned travel.

We are very comfortable with our lefties, as John Grant, Adam Jones and Jamie Lincoln will work together as they did in 2012 when Joel took the year off for his firefighting duties. Cam Holding has also looked tremendous in his double duties in the offensive end as well as defense.

As stated previously in other areas, rosters are smaller so versatility is key, Lincoln and Holding can play multiple roles, Grant, Jones and Dalgarno are mostly locked in to the offense.

Hope that answer the question.

SG

Post subject: Re: Dalgarno
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:52 am 

Thanks Steve,
In respects to Joel, I believe that his move to the hold out list was overlooked by fans.
I watch a lot of box lacrosse and realize that the guys doing the grunt work on the offence have as much to do with creating goals as the guys making the passes but with no statistical reward.
I really enjoy watching the off-ball players do their thing on the floor, I think that you have two of the top 5 off-ball players in the league with Joel and Sean Pollock.
I'm looking forward to see what Holding can bring with more time up front too.

I understand and respect Joel's prior commitment and hope to see him back soon.