Colorado Mammoth Message Board

The official fan forum of the Colorado Mammoth
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:11 pm 

Ronin wrote:
Also, blowing some complete stranger.....

I thought you quit doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:13 pm 

First of the month; gotta pay rent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:07 pm 

Farming zombies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:14 pm 

As in picking off the zombies one by one, or zombies that grow crops?

JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 pm 

Jake Clawson wrote:
As in picking off the zombies one by one, or zombies that grow crops?

JC

Growing zombies to kill humans with

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:48 pm 

Was Maris one of your crops? I've been wondering where he sprung from...

JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 pm 

Ahhh....Maris the Great. That dude is a trip the first time you see him if you don't know what the $#!@ is going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 am 

Ronin wrote:
I got nothing. Visually it was pretty cool, it started out really solid and seemed to be building towards something but at the end, I just have to question what the hell the last 90 minutes was for as it seemed to make some jumps without even attempting to explain why.

Really? I thought it was pretty esoteric. I liked the Finish Gwar costumes (looked pretty BA) and the plot specifically seemed somewhat like Langoliers with less suck. IE the decay of time and what a human would do if they actually saw physical mater decay in relation to time that had stopped/past. Like when they looked through the window and saw the stationary lightning bolt and all the clocks had stopped, yet they were moving freely. Clearly to me this story was inspired by someone stuck in an elevator and theorizing that time had completely stopped outside the elevator yet they were still moving... then you add some monsters and bang! And like the Langoliers the little girlÂ’s the key, this time sheÂ’s autistic and clearly controlling the situation without knowing it.
Course I could just be over thinking it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:25 am 

aGhost0nTheWire wrote:
Ronin wrote:
I got nothing. Visually it was pretty cool, it started out really solid and seemed to be building towards something but at the end, I just have to question what the hell the last 90 minutes was for as it seemed to make some jumps without even attempting to explain why.

Really? I thought it was pretty esoteric. I liked the Finish Gwar costumes (looked pretty BA) and the plot specifically seemed somewhat like Langoliers with less suck. IE the decay of time and what a human would do if they actually saw physical mater decay in relation to time that had stopped/past. Like when they looked through the window and saw the stationary lightning bolt and all the clocks had stopped, yet they were moving freely. Clearly to me this story was inspired by someone stuck in an elevator and theorizing that time had completely stopped outside the elevator yet they were still moving... then you add some monsters and bang! And like the Langoliers the little girlÂ’s the key, this time sheÂ’s autistic and clearly controlling the situation without knowing it.
Course I could just be over thinking it...

Oh, the movie definitely had it’s good points. The atmosphere and visuals were great. And I loved how when the Scream Queen first made her appearance that instead of punking out like a lot of movies did, the audio was actually uncomfortable to the viewer as well. The movie actually made you feel a bit of what the characters did as opposed to just making a semi-unpleasant noise to show you “hey, here’s the sound, doesn’t it suck?”; they went for it and made your ears hurt. That was possibly the coolest part of the movie, in my opinion.

There was some sort of time loop/time stoppage going on, but thatÂ’s about all I got from it. I donÂ’t need to be spoon-fed the answers to something, but I think that a movie needs to give you enough to draw a conclusion one way or another. In no particular order, my questions and musings:

- The girl seemed to know what was going on. Was she causing it? Or was she the only one that knew what was going to happen (the “not again, not again” lines in the CAT scan at the beginning and end seemed to hint that she knew of the loop and had been through it before).
- How did Tobias fit in? Did he know as well? If so, why did he chose to get on the elevator each time?
- Also, did he say the same thing to her every time he bent down to whisper in her ear? He seemed to be in much better spirits at the end than when the movie started.
- What was with the color change at the end? A feeble attempt by the girl to try and break the cycle?
- “Not six nor seven, not hell nor heaven” seemed to have a few meanings. Time was stuck between 6:00 and 7:00 as well as the elevator getting jammed between floors 6 and 7. Again, great premise, but why was Tobias the one who uttered that line and not Sarah?
- How/why did Ben have to let Sarah go? It was mentioned time and time again that it was his decision and theyÂ’d only get out if he let her go. They never expanded on why or what he was supposed to do.
- Sarah repeating BenÂ’s lines to him in the parking garage. Was she placating him, showing him that comforting words donÂ’t really do much in certain situations? Or was she actually trying to prepare him for what was going to happen to him? Either way, it seemed almost like she loathed him in that scene, which totally came out of nowhere.
- The entire sequence of Ben walking through a door and being in an obvious different dimension where there were actual people and lightÂ…and, you know, not monsters trying to kill him. Why not go back to explore that area or just hang out as not to be eaten/dismembered? The lack of explanation for that entire segment left me scratching my head.

IÂ’m right there with you that I think this movie was really good for 80 minutes. The last 10 just totally hinted at something that I just donÂ’t think they provided enough info for (kinda like the ending of High Tension. I LOVED that flickÂ…right up to the twist ending that made no sense whatsoever).

Were they trying to imply that it was along the lines of The DevilÂ’s Advocate in that she would keep repeating the events until the dark consumed her light? Or that this girl, for whatever reason, was doomed to repeat this same thing over and over and over again? And again, if she knew it was coming, why not make a fuss and not get on the elevator?

Overall, I feel this was 3/4s of a really good story that didnÂ’t provide enough detail to wrap up what it was trying to say or wrote itself into a corner it never felt like leaving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:07 am 

Ronin,
You say you don't wanna be spoon fed answers but then you're not willing to just ponder some of these questions... LIAR!
I can think of several answers for your questions but mostly inference. Which this may be the kinda movie that you're not supposed to get all the answers (****/Lynch). Or there could be cultural variances between us and the Fin's that don't allow us to appreciate 100% of the film. Dunno.
* maybe the girl was causing it... maybe it was all in her head and none of it really happened to the others.
*I say Tobias knew because he died in that split second as the elevator stopped, thats why he was cold/dead but still moving in the others timeframe
*Not supposed to know what he said to her... accept that
*The crayon has something to do with it (red to black to blue?)
*"not 6 or seven, not hell or heaven" could be a religious ref. therein an implication they're in purgatory. and as I recall Purgatory isnt' supposed to be a nice place.

I think this is one that you can watch superficially and say, "Didn't get the twist" and move on or you can take another look at it and try to read between the lines... maybe there's the answer to everything. (IE how to get the Mammoth to score!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 am 

Dude, there’s a difference between “reading between the lines” and “writing the script for them".

The ending of Taxi Driver, Martyrs, or even Inception shows how to end a movie that allows the audience to come to their own conclusions and opens things up for a debate. This one threw a bunch of imagery at the viewer throughout and did nothing to try and tie them together in the end.

As for Lynch, the answer is simple: the man does lots of drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 am 

Maybe we're dealing with the Fin-Lynch?

ps- lynch does make sense - Lost Highway and Twin Peaks for example

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:10 pm 

Ronin wrote:
Ahhh....Maris the Great. That dude is a trip the first time you see him if you don't know what the $#!@ is going on.

that dude is a trip, even if you DO know what the $#!@ is going on. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:52 pm 

SPIKE wrote:
Ronin wrote:

that dude is a trip, even if you DO know what the $#!@ is going on. :D

This is a very good point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:25 pm 

I had to tell a friend "Trust me - it goes a lot easier if you just let Maris lick your hand."

JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:46 pm 

Jake Clawson wrote:
I had to tell a friend "Trust me - it goes a lot easier if you just let Maris lick your hand."

JC

Haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:01 pm 

getting this text message from mom

"Dad is out of surgery, it went VERY well. 2 hours in recovery before he goes to his room."

:-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:11 am 

This guy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dir ... =sow-wp886

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:19 am 

silvanthalas wrote:

Oh, that won't end well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:05 am 

The look on the guys face at the hardware store when asked, "do you any recipracating saw blades that can cut through bone?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next