Colorado Mammoth Message Board

The official fan forum of the Colorado Mammoth
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:05 pm 

silvanthalas wrote:
blake wrote:
What's next?

The entire team unexpectedly dies from blackout cancer.

Govett gets Mike Miran (Lunchbox) to come out of retirement to be a starter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:47 pm 

Isn't Nooch sort of known as a problem in the locker room?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:41 pm 

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I heard Lincoln "asked" for his release and perhaps McBride followed suit??

I questioned SG on several decisions he made and now I am less convinced of some of his decisions. After watching the last two seasons, we have to face it...Gallant and Grant are done!! Age, injuries, and the physical nature of the game have just caught up with them. SG knew he needed to find defence and what did he do?? He drafted a goalie and Bob McMahon's kid!! Our goalies face the most shots in the league and several second chance opportunities. We had a great nucleus of kids with Jones, Lincoln, and McBride..now they are gone and we replaced them with Ianucci.

Now lets just see how this pans out...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:07 pm 

Location: Let's try the same thing and see if the results change
From the info I have, Lincoln most definitely did not ask for his release...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:04 am 

abitcrazy13 wrote:
From the info I have, Lincoln most definitely did not ask for his release...

What I've heard supports this as well. It sounds like he was just as surprised as the rest of us.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:25 am 

Ronin wrote:

He was a holdout for the Rush I believe. And compared to 2008, he wasn't playing at the same level post injury. Granted, we've seen plenty of players play mediocre on one team and become a top player for another.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:16 am 

Add another cast-off from the Stealth in grinder Dean Hill also being added to the roster, so expect another cut or roster move. Deaner aka Baconator is a workhorse though so he'll be doing dirty work setting picks and making room.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 am 

Snowkitten wrote:
Ronin wrote:

He was a holdout for the Rush I believe. And compared to 2008, he wasn't playing at the same level post injury. Granted, we've seen plenty of players play mediocre on one team and become a top player for another.

Didn't he blow out his knee at some point?!?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:08 pm 

aGhost0nTheWire wrote:

from wikipedia:

In June 2008, Iannucci suffered two meniscal tears in his knee, and underwent successful knee surgery in July. He did not play again until Philadelphia's third game of the 2009 season, but left that game after only playing a few minutes. In 2009 he did play 10 games, 23g 14a.
Iannucci sat out the 2010 NLL season to undergo further surgery, a right leg ligament reconstruction.

After scoring 61 points with the Wings in 2011, Philadelphia traded Iannucci to the Edmonton Rush with teammates Alex Turner and Brodie McDonald, along with Philadelphia's first round draft picks in 2012, 2013 and 2014. In exchange, the Wings acquired Edmonton transition player Brodie Merrill, Rush forwards Dean Hill, Mike McLellan, and Edmonton's 41st selection in the 2011 entry draft, and the 4th round selection in 2013.
Iannucci never signed a contract with the Rush, and on February 13, 2012, he was traded to the Washington Stealth for Paul Rabil.

So besides having the stellar sophomore 2008 season where he put up 100 pts he's finished with 54, 37, 61, 45 & 47. But hey I'll give him a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 pm 

blake wrote:
aGhost0nTheWire wrote:

from wikipedia:

In June 2008, Iannucci suffered two meniscal tears in his knee, and underwent successful knee surgery in July. He did not play again until Philadelphia's third game of the 2009 season, but left that game after only playing a few minutes. In 2009 he did play 10 games, 23g 14a.
Iannucci sat out the 2010 NLL season to undergo further surgery, a right leg ligament reconstruction.

After scoring 61 points with the Wings in 2011, Philadelphia traded Iannucci to the Edmonton Rush with teammates Alex Turner and Brodie McDonald, along with Philadelphia's first round draft picks in 2012, 2013 and 2014. In exchange, the Wings acquired Edmonton transition player Brodie Merrill, Rush forwards Dean Hill, Mike McLellan, and Edmonton's 41st selection in the 2011 entry draft, and the 4th round selection in 2013.
Iannucci never signed a contract with the Rush, and on February 13, 2012, he was traded to the Washington Stealth for Paul Rabil.

So besides having the stellar sophomore 2008 season where he put up 100 pts he's finished with 54, 37, 61, 45 & 47. But hey I'll give him a chance.

a simple YES would do...

So SG dumps Prout who had plenty of points and was a fan fav, and Link who they've been misusing, and then McBride so we can pick up ANOTHER WASHED UP FORMER MVP? Good thinking!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:07 pm 

Can we stop with this myth of Prout?

The obsession over one player because the casual fan who came to one game every year loved him because they knew his name. The same way that even as Gee Nash declined he was a fan favorite because we chanted Gee-Fense, the same way that Bruce Murray was popular because you could say 'Moooooooose' and get a good laugh out of it.

Last year Prout played in 11 games and scored 41 points. That was his lowest total in his career. If you expand that to playing 16 games he would have put up 59.7 points, so let's call it 60. That's the same amount of points he put up in the 2011 season playing for both Edmonton and Colorado.

Did he have a great year in 2012, yes. But so did the entire offense. Consequently that was also the year he put up his third highest amount of assists. He moved the ball that year and distributed, a so called 'facilitator'. In 2012 he averaged 4.4 assists per game, last year he averaged 3. Was it all his fault, who knows? It could have been coaching, system or whatever other factor. The end result however was that the offense did seem to create and work better without him.

I can't say that Iannucci is the fix but arguing that to bring back Prout is just asinine at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:51 pm 

I am too drunk and lazy at this point but.... Once upon a time I ran down all Proust assists and more than half were seconds. Until they stop counting a 2nd assist that stat will always be inflated and worthless.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:56 pm 

Ninja 4 Hire wrote:
Hmmm..... who is going to refuse to play here or.... is the oldest fattest washed up player in the league

Found him!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:08 am 

abitcrazy13 wrote:
The same way that even as Gee Nash declined he was a fan favorite because we chanted Gee-Fense

I believe that Gee was a fan fav because he was a good goalie and a very nice guy, you could talk to him off field and he was completely astounded that people liked him, he was humble. Not because of some silly chant.

abitcrazy13 wrote:
The end result however was that the offense did seem to create and work better without him.
I seriously hope you are not using this season as the basis for this statement!

I think that people remember how the team worked pre-Jr. and who was leading the team... Prout.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:01 pm 

Per the Mammoth's twitter feed, it sounds like Gallant will be back in action this weekend. It'll be interesting to see who sits, whether it's McNamara or somebody else.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:59 pm 

aGhost0nTheWire wrote:
abitcrazy13 wrote:
The same way that even as Gee Nash declined he was a fan favorite because we chanted Gee-Fense

I believe that Gee was a fan fav because he was a good goalie and a very nice guy, you could talk to him off field and he was completely astounded that people liked him, he was humble. Not because of some silly chant.

abitcrazy13 wrote:
The end result however was that the offense did seem to create and work better without him.
I seriously hope you are not using this season as the basis for this statement!

I think that people remember how the team worked pre-Jr. and who was leading the team... Prout.

Issac Bruce, John Kuhn, Duke Ihenacho, Chris Anderson... they all had or have varying skill levels. My point was that to the casual fan, not the diehard, it was easy to like a player because silly chants last and stick with you. Troy Tullowitzki anyone?

I was not using this season as a benchmark. I was using the other 5 games last season as my example. They replaced Prout with Westervelt but have not changed offensive strategies.

I will start another post to ramble on so I do not clog this one with items that are not germane to it's purpose.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 am 

What's Gary Gait up to these days?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:25 am 

jr.mammoth34 wrote:
What's Gary Gait up to these days?

I'd say 260 at least.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:31 am 

1/17/2014
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have placed John Gallant on the Active Roster from the Injured Reserve List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Jackson Decker.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have released Cody McMahon from the Practice Player List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Jackson Decker to the Practice Player List.
COLORADO MAMMOTH: have signed Dean Hill to the Practice Player List.

Gallant had been put on IR, but the league never posted the transaction.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:49 pm 

Not a transaction, per se, but still... From Twitter:

Drew Westervelt
@Dwesty1426
9m
Packed and ready to roll in Florida this weekend. @USLacrosse Good luck @MammothLax

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next