ENTRY DRAFT SET FOR SEPTEMBER 16; MAMMOTH HOLDS THIRD PICK
The National Lacrosse League has announced that the 2013 NLL Entry Draft will take place on Monday, September 16 at 5 pm MT at Toronto Rock Athletic Centre (TRAC) in Oakville, Ontario. Doors open one hour prior for fans, while the Draft will also be broadcast live on YouTube via The Lacrosse Network. The Colorado Mammoth holds the third-overall selection, and five other picks.
In conjunction with the Draft, the Combine for prospects and free agents will be held at TRAC with the two-day event starting on Saturday, September 14 at 4 pm MT before day-long activities on Sunday. Players will have the opportunity to showcase their skills in a practice setting through structured games and take part in an interview process NLL general managers and coaches. All players who participate in the combine will be subject to a series of tests that will evaluate their endurance, reaction times, strength, agility, speed, and lacrosse-related skills. The testing will be conducted by Sport Testing Inc., a provider of athlete assessment technologies and services.
In 2011, the Mammoth also owned the third-overall pick. The team selected forward Adam Jones, who went on to be named the NLL Rookie of the Year.
The 2013 NLL Entry Draft order as of August 12 (subject to change pending trades):
1. Minnesota (from Buffalo)
4. Edmonton (from Philadelphia)
5. Minnesota (from Edmonton)
7. Minnesota (from Toronto)
9. Toronto (from Rochester via Colorado)
11. Edmonton (from Minnesota)
13. Edmonton (from Philadelphia via Minnesota)
14. Buffalo (from Edmonton)
18. Colorado (from Buffalo via Rochester)
19. Philadelphia (from Buffalo)
20. Buffalo (from Minnesota via Philadelphia)
21. Minnesota (from Colorado)
23. Minnesota (from Edmonton)
28. Toronto (from Boston)
29. Minnesota (from Buffalo)
33. Philadelphia (from Edmonton)
41. Vancouver (from Philadelphia)
48. Calgary (from Minnesota)
52. Edmonton (from Calgary)